Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Show offs

Posted by summer | at 4:50 AM

Showing off = did you notice me?

 Seriously what's the deal with show offs!

I can't understand this phenomenon amongst Mauritians (most ), I am sure you must have come across one such individual in your surrounding.   I cannot understand how Mauritians can brag about EVERYTHING even the tiniest and most insignificant accomplishment can make it to the news. 

Showy people try VERY HARD to give you the impression that they are very happy and that they possess everything (which you envy) but can't have.  In reality, they are only seeking your attention, as they probably lack an interesting life.




I don't really care if your shoe costs 5000 grands or your lipstick is Chanel.  But if you tell me you have a Doctorate in Literature or you have won the UNESCO's young Scientist award, then I am interested and that IS something you can brag about.

I wish this mentality of competing with thy neighbors stops, or at least, people stop sharing information on how their nightie costs more than my  poor old blouse.  It really only shows how needy and insecure you are about yourself.  As for me, it gives me a fit  laughter( internal)  because I am too civilized to laugh in your face.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
~ Sweet Summer - Designed by Miss Rinda - Layout by My Blog Make Over - Author YOUR NAME HERE :) ~