Friday, October 22, 2010

my love affair with perfume

Posted by summer | at 1:04 PM

Perfume is known to have existed through the ages, archeologists have found  proof of its use in Mesopotamia as well as Egypt.  The beautiful Cleopatra was most probably always smelling like a rose. Even in ancient India, perfume was made from flowers and other aromatic ingredients such as spices and sandalwood. Just like these ladies even I love my perfumes, it's real love affair. I will try to do a little overview of the perfumes I have used and those I would like to try in the future. 

1. Anais Anais by Cacharel

Anais Anais was my first encounter with scent, my mom always kept this little bottle preciously. I used to sneak into her room and help myself to this flowery scent. It is made from gardenia and jasmine. This scent might have been a favorite at the time,but I could never carry it off, I used to think it was too strong a perfume, but I guess this is the opinion of a ten year old.  I have never tried Anais anais since.


2. Charlie by Revlon
Next was Charlie, I am absolutely sure that all the British ladies must have tried this perfume at least once in their life.  It was launched in the 70's by Revlon, and mum always had a bottle of blue charlie.  I was privileged to wear it on certain occasions. So  charlie is classified as a sharp, flowery fragrance. This feminine scent possesses a blend of rose, oakmoss, and sandalwood. Accompanied by additional green notes of fresh cut grass and crisp.  Again i think it was quite sharp, and not quite adequate for me,


3. Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger
Tommy Girl never fails to remind me of my teenage years, this was a gift from my cousin, I have never seen Tommy Girl in any shop in Mauritius, except ofcourse for imitation perfume.  It was MY first perfume, and I have kept it for as long as I could possibly keep a bottle of perfume.  This perfume is both feminine and energetic, was targeted to a young audience. It has low notes of sandalwood. Basically meant for day time wear.

4. XS for Woman by Paco Rabanne
This was my favorite perfume and will probably always remain one of my favorites.  I used to have the body lotion along with the Eau de Toilette.  This is a refreshing and feminine perfume,I have also tried XS for men, and strangely i liked it was well. This scent possesses a blend of mint, sandalwood, musk, and warm jasmine. It is recommended for daytime wear.

5. Flower by Kenzo

I have yet to meet a lady who does not like Flower by Kenzo.  I fell in love with this scent ever since my first encounter, till today I own a bottle of the poppy bottle, I have it in all sizes, from the little travel size bottles to the bigger bottles. Even my sweetheart, makes it a point to bring me a bottle of Kenzo on his every trip. Flower has soft floral hints of violet, vanilla and rose.  This Fragrance targets the young city woman who looks to nature for inspiration and renewal.

More on perfumes later, its time to hit the sack. Goodnight everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
~ Sweet Summer - Designed by Miss Rinda - Layout by My Blog Make Over - Author YOUR NAME HERE :) ~