Monday, November 8, 2010

My love affair with perfume (part 2)

Posted by summer | at 10:32 PM

Chance (Chanel)

This is my all time favorite fragrance, and was created by the legendary Chanel House.  I found a sample in a magazine one day, and that was love at first fight (in this case smell), I went out and bought it, never mind the hefty price tag.  It has a blend of Jasmine and citrus and recommended for day time wear.  I think I see a trend here, I more into citrus scent, its more like me,lol. My bottle of Chance is empty now, so if Santa wants to drop one in under my tree, would be great I( you hear me Santa, I want this).


Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel



My Sweetheart got this for me on my birthday a few years back,  and I must say that its quite different from Chance, but I loved it, and prefer wearing it for a night out rather than day time.  It was launched in 2001 and the spokesmodel for coco Mademoiselle is Keira Knigtley.  So this fragrance is also citrusy with top notes of orange and Bergamot and middle notes of Jasmine and ylang-ylang.

Madame by Jean Paul Gaultier

L'Enfant Terrible of Designers Jean Paul Gaultier's house created this one, and it is one of those perfumes you know you will never get over.  This is one young perfume, and one of my favourites.  This is what JPG had to
say about this perfume: 

Jean Paul Gaultier: "I wanted something that was fresh, not so voluptuous. I wanted some electricity."

 It is exactly that, fresh and electric, it is a very soft perfume.  Fragrance Notes: Orange Zest, Grenadine, Fresh Rose, Floral Notes, Cedar, Musk
  
Light Blue by D&G

This was a gift from my brother in law, and it came in a gift set with its body lotion.  I have adopted this scent ever since, its such a lovely Mediterranean feel to it.  This is the perfume you would want to wear on a summer day.   It sparkles with flowers and fruit notes that are an enticement to joie de vivre. The fragrance opens on a fresh and gourmet note of sicily cedar, granny smith apple and bluebells. The middle note is a bouquet of jasmine, bamboo and white rose. The end note reveals hints of cedarwood, amber and musk.
 That's it for my fragrances, I will update the list as and when I find another scent worth mentioning.  On and ending note, I discovered that my favourite scents all are from the musk family of scents and mostly those that have top notes of citrus fruits. 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
~ Sweet Summer - Designed by Miss Rinda - Layout by My Blog Make Over - Author YOUR NAME HERE :) ~