Friday, May 20, 2011

love in Chennai..

Posted by summer | at 5:48 AM



We went to Chennai in April mostly to shop for our wedding, but above all else to catch up with each other, since FH and me we both live miles apart ( he in Maldives and me in Mauritius).  So we did all of our wedding shopping in India and went out to pilgrimage to Tirupati, which was awesome for us as hindus.  Normally couples in India visit Tirupati as newly weds. 

Many Mauritians visit India for their wedding shopping, most of them prefer north India, mostly Bombay and Delhi to shop.  But we preferred the south because firstly it is only 1 hour away from Maldives, and since I initially wanted to spend a few days relaxing in Maldives, it was the best city for us.  Unfortunately, for me though I was not able to get off work any longer and had to come back home. 






FH bought a "gajra" for me, its Jasmin flowers tied to a string, they smell soooo lovely, i kept them on my bedside table at night, and in the morning the whole room smelled gorgeous.  In Chennai all the ladies wear one in their hair everyday.  So FH bought one for me and put it in my hair, just like in the old Hindi movies, isn't that romantic?




In our hotel, i was just showing off my new nail polish,lol.  I think FH has beautiful fingers, I might be biased though, I think everything about him is beautiful ( probably because I love him) lol.




I took this picture on the balcony of our hotel room, its incredible how hot Chennai can get, even port-louis heat cannot beat that.  It was so noisy outside, with all the honking..we went back inside in our cool AC room, I just wonder how people in Chennai live without an AC.  I must admit however, that I did enjoy myself, it was a different experience all together, after-all I was happy to be on the land my great grand parents came from.  will share more pictures of incredible India soon.

4 comments:

Furree Katt said...

hiiiiii. YOU GUYS ARE SUCH A CUTE COUPLE!
i think gajras are super pretty, but i don't wear them because apparently they are favoured by married women more.
yay for living in Mauritius! it must be totally beautiful.
thanks for following my blog :D i love how pink and flowery your blog is.

summer said...

hey furr,

I totally like your blog, I am a teacher too, except that my kids are wayyy older. yes Mauritius is a beautiful island. I didn't know gajra was mostly worn by married women, well i'll be married in less than 2 weeks too, lol. I hope you are having a great weekend.

Furree Katt said...

cool! which grade do you teach? and what subject? i teach Kindergarten (English and Math)
congratulations on your upcoming wedding :D ♥ do post about it on your blog!
my weekend has been amazing so far, i hope yours is going just as well :)

summer said...

hello furree

I teach biology to 11-16 year olds. Thank you dear, yes i will definitely post about my wedding. I had a great weekend too, my fiance came back home after a year in Maldives. So, yes it was perfect :)

Post a Comment

 
~ Sweet Summer - Designed by Miss Rinda - Layout by My Blog Make Over - Author YOUR NAME HERE :) ~