Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year

Posted by summer | at 1:00 AM

The new year celebrations are over and everyone is heading to work after the festivities, I still have another week until I head back to work after more than 2 months of bliss *sigh*  

 I welcomed 2011 with the family, we had some quiet time and some "cari bouc" the usual delicacy out here.  I am not very fond of it though, I had chicken instead.  We went to the beach on the 2nd and stayed till sunset.  I always find Poste Lafayette such a peaceful place, I just enjoy watching the waves crash and listening to the hustling winds, while am sat on the big rocks near the shore.  



Its such a beautiful sight, I could sit there for hours and just watch the sea, I know I sound 'old' but its just a nice place to find yourself and reflect on your life.  The New Year was a bit sad for me though, I just felt overwhelmed at some point, wishing him happy new year at midnight on SKYPE, and not being able to touch him to tell him how much I wish to spend the rest of my days with him.  We are thankful to technology, if it hadn't been for skype, msn or even the phone, I don't know how we would have survived all these years away from each other. 

This year we plan to move together and not go anywhere without each other, I just can't wait for him to be back home and not leave me here alone again. So cheers for 2011!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
~ Sweet Summer - Designed by Miss Rinda - Layout by My Blog Make Over - Author YOUR NAME HERE :) ~